I enjoyed teaching a night sky photography class with a small group of clients last night in Limon, Colorado. Despite some early cloud cover, conditions improved after dark and we ended up with some nice shots. The image above is a 25 minute composite (50 x 30s exposures).
When: Saturday, August 27th
Time: 10am-Noon US Mountain Time (Noon-2pm Eastern)
- Creating Luminosity Masks with Photoshop actions
- Selecting the right mask
- Adding/Subtracting and Intersecting Masks
- Using Adjustment Layers with Luminosity Masks (curves/Photo filter/brightness-contrast)
- Using Blending Modes to create unique effects (glow, vignette)
- Using Luminosity Masks with HDR and High-Pass Sharpening Techniques
I will be presenting live online on how to create and use luminosity masks using the custom actions from my eBook, Mastering Luminosity Masks (Available for download here).Share This Story
Creative Photo Safari: Mile High Cityscapes
Denver, Colorado, USA
Join me to explore the artistic side of Denver as we photograph the art and architecture of Colorado’s capitol. You’ll learn creative composition, texture blending, and post-processing techniques while exploring the photogenic downtown Denver area.
Photograph birds in South Texas, June 2017
A Bird Photo Studio in the Rio Grande Valley
I’m pleased to announce my dates for the South Texas Birding Experience 2017. For next year, I am offering two small group (max 4) sessions for getting some of the best bird photos in all of the USA. There is nowhere else I’ve been where I can capture closeups of small birds, including unique species like the green jay with perfect backgrounds.
- Session 1: June 1-5, 2017
- Session 2: June 7-11, 2017
All Inclusive Photo Safari Includes:
- Three days of private access to the photo blinds
- “Ask me anything” field and classroom instruction (including processing and critique)
- Single-occupancy air-conditioned lodging on site
- All meals and happy hour
- Transportation from the lodge to the shooting sites
Space is extremely limited, so place your deposit now to reserve your seat on this trip.
I hope you can join me in Texas!Share This Story
Due to inclement weather, I’ve rescheduled my Night Sky Photography class to Sunday, August 21st in Limon, Colorado.
I will be teaching techniques for night photography, including:
• Setting up your camera for night photography
• Locating and photographing the Milky Way
• Photographing stars
• Creating star trails
• Light painting techniques
I hope you can make it!